Defiance Local News

 

CAUSE OF RURAL HOUSE FIRE NEAR NAPOLEON

 

The Napoleon Fire Department has released its report on a fire that swept through a rural farmhouse, and totally destroyed the structure.   It’s believed that blaze ignited from a mechanical failure in the flue system for the wood burning stove, which was located in the basement of the Phillip Cordes home on road 18, near road P.  The flames spread from the basement wood-burner flue system, into the second floor, and climbed to the attic from there, causing damage to the home, estimated at $100,000.   It’s believed another $40,000 in contents was lost in the fire, as well.  Fire fighters kept the flames from spreading to two other buildings at the Cordes property.

 

More Articles